Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Shell Pasta with mixed peppers and black olives


"What do you want for dinner?"

"Paastaa!!" (the little one cries out)

I smile...She has shared my love for pasta. She wants it almost every week now.

I keep the pasta for boiling . 

"I want to see pasta." 

"ok, but you can't touch anything"

"Put tomatoes"

"I will. Now sit and watch."

"Don't put vegetables"

"hmmm"

I chop basil

"What is that?"


A glimpse of the chitter - chatter which goes on when I cook for my daughter. I just put a few ingredients together and came with this simple but satisfying recipe. The best thing was that it was really enjoyed by my little one. She even took second helpings (my inner domestic goddess was dancing!).

You will need
Pasta - 1 and 1/2 cups
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tomatoes- 4 medium,chopped finely
Fresh basil- 2-3 tbsp, chopped finely
Mixed pepper strips - 2 tbsp
Broccoli florets- small, 1/2 cup approx.
Black olives- 5, chopped like small rings.
Black pepper- 1 tsp
Kosher salt- 1 tsp  or according to taste (you can use normal salt also)
Olive oil- 1 tbsp

Method
Cook pasta till al dente. Add turmeric powder while boiling.
Take a wok. Pour olive oil and heat on low flame.
Add Broccoli and mixed pepper strips and cook for a few minutes.
Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. cook for 4-5 minutes. I just wanted to release flavours but if you want a sauce like consistency then cook tomatoes for longer.
Add the cooked pasta. Mix well. Taste for adjustments in salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy with your loved ones.

Yields 2 hearty servings



1 comment:

  1. Great !
    Was nice to know the little one's preferences.

    ReplyDelete